What’s Going On With Roofing Costs?
At Sunrise Roofing Company, we understand the costs associated with purchasing a new roof for a home or commercial building in the Jacksonville and surrounding beach community areas. We also are very sensitive to those increased costs of a new roof, be it made of asphalt, tile or metal roofs. Between handling the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, increased labor shortages, increase material costs, manufacturer and distribution charges, many roofing contractors in Jacksonville Beach and beyond are engaged in a decision between selling substandard roofs and providing quality service.
Here at Sunrise Roofing Company, we only provide the most cost-effective solutions to new roof installations and roof repairs and never believe in promoting manufactured products that are not both durable and long-lasting.
If you are looking for a high-quality roofing company in Jacksonville Beach, FL that offers fair pricing combined with high-quality products and workmanship, look no further.
We here at Sunrise Roofing believe that a high-quality roof is the best investment a consumer can make in their property. It increases the homes market value, increases its sale price, reduces insurance costs and counters insurance underwriting denials and most of all provides the protection of a roof that should be installed up to code and should last 30-45 years if purchased right.
Why Not Just Accept the Least Expensive Roofing Bid?
For some, inexperienced or overly price-minded individuals, buying what we believe is a sub-standard product is a really big mistake in the long as well as the short run.
First of all, when replacing an asphalt shingle roof, 20 Year asphalt shingles for example might only last 10-15 years in this climate and are a big detraction if considering selling the home within that timeframe. These types of roofs are considered a poor investment for a future homebuyer and when new, only add a small additional value to a home’s selling price.
If on the other hand you install a say 50-year architectural asphalt shingle, manufactured by Owens Corning, you make this investment once and the price of your home goes up substantially. If installed by a reputable roofing contractor the house is worth that much more. This type of roof will give you a huge market advantage to both older roofs and cheaper ones and you should be able to recoup a very large percentage of your investment when you go to sell it. Homes with new roofs made from durable as well as high-quality materials sell faster than those not constructed of the sale quality. You can also transfer your roofs warranty to a new buyer, offering them a huge advantage and cost savings.
If you plan on living in the house for the next 30 years, cheaper roofs will need to be replaced within those time limits, thus becoming a much more expensive proposition than purchasing the right product in the first place.
Additionally, roofers who sell and install these types of less expensive and less durable roofs are only interested in their profit, not the consumers interest, which should be their number one concern.
Here are a few tips to ensure you are buying the right product from the right roofing company.
- Always get a written estimate complete with all the product and service information that comes with the agreement. Make sure the old roof is completely removed so that the underlying substructure can be examined for any rotten or decaying wood.
- Choose only a reputable licensed roofing contractor that has construction credentials just in case there is decay and repairs are necessary to the underlying roof.
- Review the professional roofing contractor’s reviews and referral information that should be provided to you by the contractor. If none or limited reviews are available, get a second written estimate before accepting a cheaper one.
- Make sure that the product: manufacturer, and materials: shingles, tile or metal are the right ones for your home, office or business.
- Because you will make this investment once, don’t just jump at the lowest bid, take some time to consider how you want to develop your home’s exterior personality, and try to think long term.
- Making the right investment for your property always makes the most amount of sense.
- Remember, you get what you pay for in this world and nothing is done for free, there is always a cost.
Why Hire Sunrise Roofing Company?
Our advice is to purchase the best product available installed by the most experienced contractor with the right credentials. At Sunrise Roofing we take our responsibility very seriously knowing that a new roof is the single largest investment most homeowner make to their dwelling in their life time. We have over 25 years of experience as a general contractor and roofing contractor. We specialize in top-quality shingle, tile and metal roofs and our reviews reflect our commitment to quality service. Let our experience help guide you in the right direction. Give us a call at 904-323-1929 for a free inspection, evaluation and written quote. We believe our work on your property is something you’re proud of for years to come.